Monday, September 16, 2013

Book Talk on Winnie the Pooh Everyone is Special

I chose to use Disney’s Winnie the Pooh Everyone is Special book for my book talk. I chose this book for many different reasons.  The first and largest reason I chose this book is because it is from my childhood. I used to read these Winnie the Pooh books all the time as it was one of my many favorite Disney movies.  Another reason why I chose this book is because the book series is great for children as it teaches an obvious lesson in every book.  In this particular book the main lesson is to be yourself and to not change for anyone.  In this book Tiger is upset about the fact that he is the only one who has stripes and he goes through many different ways to try to cover up these stripes.  Eventually he comes to the conclusion that his stripes are not a bad thing and he decides to keep them after all.  In a classroom I could use this book anytime a child may feel different because of something they cannot change whether it be because of race, gender, clothes, money, hair ect.  This book series is perfect for teaching young children important lessons in simple ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment